IEC TR 60825-3:2008
Safety of laser products - Part 3: Guidance for laser displays and shows
- design, manufacture, assemble, install or operate laser products that are Class 4, Class 3B, or non-visible beam Class 3R for display and entertainment purposes;
- operate arenas, theatres, planetaria, discotheques or other places where such laser products may be installed and operated; or
- are responsible for reviewing the safety of such equipment, installations or displays.
This guidance is not normative, but rather a code of practice for the design, installation, operation and evaluation of the safety of laser light shows and displays, and the equipment employed in their production. This guidance is also intended for persons who modify laser display installations or equipment. This guidance contains safety criteria for the protection of the public or persons in the vicinity of laser displays in the course of their employment. In some countries, there may be specific requirements, such as government permissions or notifications of shows, or prohibitions, such as against laser scanning of spectators without appropriate safeguards. This guidance is not to be understood as in conflict with such requirements but merely to be supplementary. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1995. It constitutes a technical revision. The main changes since the first edition include
- clarification of the scope;
- specific guidance on factors to take into account regarding scanning safeguards;
- clarification of the records to be maintained; and
- modification of the requirements for the zones where unattended laser projectors are used.
|Publication type||Technical Report|
|TC/SC||TC 76 - Optical radiation safety and laser equipmentrss|
|ICS||31.260 - Optoelectronics. Laser equipment|
|File size||922 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.