Live working - Electrical insulating sleeves
- removal of the requirement for an area to mark the date of inspection;
- only the straight mounting method with water electrodes is specified for the dielectric type test;
- the d.c. electric tests are no longer included in the normative part of the document, but a new informative Annex E is added;
- preparation of the elements of evaluation of defects, and general application of IEC 61318:2007;
- in the new normative Annex F, updating of the characteristics of the liquid specified for tests on sleeves of category H, according to the latest edition of ISO 1817;
- introduction of a new normative Annex G on classification of defects;
- introduction of a new informative Annex H on the rationale for the classification of defects;
- and for periodic electrical retesting, recommended voltage limit of the dielectric test methods to 10 kV except in case of the test method with water electrodes and straight mounting.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 78 - Live workingrss|
|ICS||13.260 - Protection against electric shock. Live working
29.240.20 - Power transmission and distribution lines
29.260.99 - Other electrical equipment for working in special conditions
|File size||1485 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.