IEC 61020-1:2009 Withdrawn
Electromechanical switches for use in electrical and electronic equipment - Part 1: Generic specification
- are devices which open, close, or change the connection of a circuit by the mechanical motion of conducting parts (contacts);
- have a maximum rated voltage of 480 V;
- have a maximum rated current of 63 A.
This second edition constitutes a technical revision and includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- The requirements of the IEC 60512 series of standards have been integrated.
- Other necessary information concerning switches as specified in IEC 60512 have been implemented.
The following items have been updated with respect to the first edition:
- test methods were reviewed for detailed description;
- the explanation for the test method of the operating force was rewritten in more detail;
- the test voltage for measurement for contact bounce was reviewed;
- the electrical endurance "ON" duration in the duty cycle was harmonized with IEC 61058;
- the requirements for fire hazards have been deleted;
- testing methods of surface mounting switches based on the Japanese industrial standard were added.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.