Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 1: Overview and guidance for the IEC 61158 and IEC 61784 series
AbstractIEC 61158-1:2014 specifies the generic concept of fieldbuses. It also presents an overview and guidance for the IEC 61158 series by:
- explaining the structure and content of the IEC 61158 series;
- relating the structure of the IEC 61158 series to the ISO/IEC 7498-1 OSI Basic Reference Model;
- showing the logical structure of the IEC 61784 series;
- showing how to use parts of the IEC 61158 series in combination with the IEC 61784 series;
- providing explanations of some aspects of the IEC 61158 series that are common to the type specific parts of the IEC 61158-5 including the application layer service description concepts and the generic fieldbus data types. This first edition cancels and replaces the third edition of IEC/TR 61158-1 published in 2010 and constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following changes:
- updates of the references to and information about the IEC 61158 series, IEC 61784-1, IEC 61784-3, IEC 61784-5 series and IEC 61918 throughout the document;
- new Type 23 for profile family 8;
- new Type 24 and the related profile family CPF 19;
- new Subclause 7.7 Communication profiles for wireless communication networks;
- new Clause 11 Fieldbus system requirements;
- new Annex B Media selection for fieldbus systems.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65C - Industrial networksrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
33.040.40 - Data communication networks
35.100.05 - Multilayer applications
|File size||2320 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.