Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 1: General rules
- ASSEMBLIES for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V in case of a.c. or 1 500 V in case of d.c.;
- stationary or movable ASSEMBLIES with or without enclosure;
- ASSEMBLIES intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- ASSEMBLIES designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
- ASSEMBLIES designed for electrical equipment of machines provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2009. It constitutes a technical revision. This second edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the last edition of IEC 61439-1:
- revision of service conditions in Clause 7;
- numerous changes regarding verification methods in Clause 10;
- modification of routine verification in respect of clearances and creepage distances (see 11.3);
- adaption of the tables in Annex C and Annex D to the revised requirements and verification methods;
- revision of the EMC requirements in Annex J;
- shifting of tables from Annex H to new Annex N;
- new Annex O with guidance on temperature rise verification;
- new Annex P with a verification method for short-circuit withstand strength (integration of the content of IEC/TR 61117);
- update of normative references;
- general editorial review.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||2610 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.