IEC TR 61641:2014
Enclosed low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Guide for testing under conditions of arcing due to internal fault
- arcing classes to define the different forms of protection provided against arcing faults; (i) personnel protection, (ii) damage restricted to part of the ASSEMBLY, and (iii) ASSEMBLY suitable for limited further service.;
- two levels of personnel protection afforded by ASSEMBLIES under arcing fault conditions; (i) for ASSEMBLIES installed in areas where access to the ASSEMBLY is restricted to skilled persons, and (ii) for ASSEMBLIES installed in areas where the area is accessible to ordinary persons;
- option of individually insulating all live conductors to make the complete ASSEMBLY an arc ignition protected zone (referred to as an 'arc free zone' in previous editions of the Technical report);
- arc fault protection front, back and sides of an ASSEMBLY as the normal requirement;
- minimum performance requirements for arc ignition protected zone.
|Publication type||Technical Report|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||1219 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.