Ultrasonics - Physiotherapy systems - Field specifications and methods of measurement in the frequency range 0,5 MHz to 5 MHz
- methods of measurement and characterization of the output of ultrasonic physiotherapy equipment based on reference testing methods;
- characteristics to be specified by manufacturers of ultrasonic physiotherapy equipment based on reference testing methods;
- guidelines for safety of the ultrasonic field generated by ultrasonic physiotherapy equipment;
- methods of measurement and characterization of the output of ultrasonic physiotherapy equipment based on routine testing methods;
- and acceptance criteria for aspects of the output of ultrasonic physiotherapy equipment based on routine testing methods. Therapeutic value and methods of use of ultrasonic physiotherapy equipment are not covered by the scope of this standard. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2007. It constitutes a technical revision which includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- restriction introduced of 0,2 W/cm2 effective intensity during hydrophone measurements for treatment heads with ka≤20, to limit the likelihood of cavitation;
- change in the factor Fac, to determine the effective radiating area, from 1,354 to 1,333;
- and change to SI units for terms and definitions.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60601-2-5:2009.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.