IEC 60071-1:2006 Withdrawn
Insulation co-ordination - Part 1: Definitions, principles and rules
Note: this publication has been replaced by IEC 60071-1:2019
- in the definitions (3.26, 3.28 and 3.29) and in the environmental conditions (5.9) taken into account clarification of the atmospheric and altitude corrections involved in the insulation co-ordination process;
- in the list of standard rated short-duration power frequency withstand voltages reported in 5.6 addition of 115 kV;
- in the list of standard rated impulse withstand voltages reported in 5.7, addition of 200 kV and 380 kV;
- in the standard insulation levels for range I (1kV < Um ≤ 245 kV) (Table 2) addition of the highest voltage for equipment Um = 100 kV;
- in the standard insulation levels for range II (Um ≤ 245 kV) (Table 3) replacement of 525 kV by 550 kV and of 765 kV by 800 kV;
- in order to remove that part in the next revision of IEC 60071-2, addition of Annex A dealing with clearances in air to assure a specified impulse withstand voltage in installation;
- in Annex B, limitation at two Um values for the values of rated insulation levels for 1kV < Um ≤ 245 kV for highest voltages for equipment Um not standardized by IEC based on current practice in some countries.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 108.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 99 - Insulation co-ordination and system engineering of high voltage electrical power installations above 1,0 kV AC and 1,5 kV DCrss|
|ICS||29.080.30 - Insulation systems|
|File size||1607 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.