Optical amplifiers - Part 1: Generic specification
- to establish uniform requirements for transmission, operation, reliability and environmental properties of OAs, and
- to provide assistance to the purchaser in the selection of consistently high-quality OA products for his particular applications.
Parameters specified for OAs are those characterizing the transmission, operation, reliability and environmental properties of the OA seen as a "black box" from a general point of view. In the sectional and detail specifications a subset of these parameters will be specified according to the type and application of the particular OA device or assembly. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- terms have been added for parameters from IEC 61290-4-3 and IEC 61290-10-5;
- Clause 4 Classification has been removed, since this system is judged to be unused;
- the definition of polarization mode dispersion (PMD) has been simplified.
Keywords: optical amplifiers (OAs)
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86C - Fibre optic systems and active devicesrss|
|ICS||33.180.30 - Optic amplifiers|
|File size||1420 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.