Fuel cell technologies - Part 2-100: Fuel cell modules - Safety
This first edition cancels and replaces IEC 62282-2, published in 2012. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 622822:2012:
• update of definitions, in particular fuel cell module for normal operation;
• leakage values under normal and abnormal operation have been addressed;
• a delayed ignition test has been included;
• protective measures to limit gas leakage have been included;
• the requirements for insulation between live parts and SELV have been updated;
• the general safety strategy has been modified to reflect the needs for different application standards; the modifications are in line with similar modifications made to IEC 62282-3-100;
• the electrical components clause has been modified to reflect the needs for different application standards; the modifications are in line with similar modifications made to IEC 62282-3-100;
• protective earthing as part of the module or bonding as a measure within the installation has been introduced;
• a dielectric strength test has been completely updated by referring to IEC 62744-1 for voltages up to 1 000 V AC/1 500 V DC;
• a new “pressure drop method” leakage test method has been included;
• a new Annex addressing significant hazards, hazardous situations and events dealt with in this document, and linked to 4.1 (General safety strategy) has been added.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.