Plugs, socket-outlets, vehicle connectors and vehicle inlets - Conductive charging of electric vehicles - Part 1: General requirements
Note: a commented version of this publication exists
IEC 62196-1:2022 CMV
- 690 V AC 50 Hz to 60 Hz, at a rated current not exceeding 250 A;
- 1 500 V DC at a rated current not exceeding 800 A.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- deletion of references to universal AC and DC interfaces;
- additional requirements for contact materials and plating;
- changes to the temperature rise test to include additional points of measurement;
- additional tests for accessories to address thermal stresses and stability, mechanical wear and abuse, and exposure to contaminants;
- relocation of information and requirements for DC charging to IEC 62196-3.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 23/SC 23H - Plugs, Socket-outlets and Couplers for industrial and similar applications, and for Electric Vehiclesrss|
|ICS||29.120.30 - Plugs, socket-outlets, couplers|
43.120 - Electric road vehicles
|File size||3584 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.