Mechanical structures for electrical and electronic equipment - Outdoor enclosures - Part 1: Design guidelines
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 61969-1:2020 RLV
IEC 61969-1:2020 contains design guidelines for outdoor enclosures and is applicable over a wide field of mechanical, electromechanical and electronic equipment and its installation where a modular design is used. The objectives of this document are:
- to provide an overview of specifications for enclosures focused on requirements for outdoor applications for stationary use at non-weather protected locations, and
- to achieve product integrity under outdoor conditions and to ease product selection for the sourcing of outdoor enclosures from different vendors.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- alignment with the content of ETSI EN 300 019 and IEC 60721 series latest editions, particularly with the actualization of climate conditions;
- new requirements added to reflect market requirements on environmental issues;
- improvement on terminology and overall editorial improvement.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 48/SC 48D - Mechanical structures for electrical and electronic equipmentrss|
|ICS||31.240 - Mechanical structures for electronic equipment|
|File size||1336 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.