Systems and software engineering - Life cycle management - Part 5: Software development planning
AbstractISO/IEC/IEEE 24748-5:2017 provides a common framework for planning and controlling the technical processes and activities to produce and sustain software products. The complete life cycle is covered by this document, from idea conception to the retirement of a software product. The framework described by this document provides for best practices in communication and cooperation among parties that plan for, develop, utilize, and manage modern software.
- specifies the required information items to be produced through the implementation of the required planning and control processes;
- specifies the required content of the required information items;
- gives guidelines for the format and content of the required and related information items; and
- details the processes necessary to develop and implement a software plan.
ISO/IEC/IEEE 24748-5:2017 is intended to provide guidance for parties involved in the planning of software engineering at all stages of the software life cycle. It is intended to provide a common framework for two-party and multi-party collaborations and can be applied where the parties are from the same organization. This document can also be used by a single party.
ISO/IEC/IEEE 24748-5:2017 is applicable to:
- those who use ISO/IEC/IEEE FDIS 12207 on projects dealing with software products and services related to those products;
- those who are responsible for the technical management of the development of software systems;
- organizations and individuals performing software development activities; and
- organizations and individuals developing information items during the development of software.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 - Software and systems engineeringrss|
|ICS||35.080 - Software|
|File size||801 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.