Safety in installations for electroheating and electromagnetic processing - Part 4: Particular requirements for arc furnace installations
This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the structure has been redrafted according to IEC 60519-1:2020;
- the scope and object have been redrafted;
- the terms and definitions, normative references and bibliography have been updated and completed;
- the requirements have been redrafted according to IEC 60519-1:2020;
- all provisions have been redrafted and the text is more concise with respect to submerged arc furnace installations;
- the annexes have been restructured, with respect to details concerning high voltage designs and non-electrical issues, however to be aware of in those installations;
- the aspect of noise has been removed from the scope;
- the EMC requirements have been clarified;
- risk classification of hazards have been based on emission;
- the boundaries to ISO 13577 (all parts) and ISO 13578 have been clarified.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 27 - Industrial electroheating and electromagnetic processingrss|
|ICS||25.180.10 - Electric furnaces|
|File size||2069 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.