Information technology - UPnP Device Architecture - Part 26-12: Telephony device control protocol - Level 2 - Messaging service
AbstractISO/IEC 29341-26-12:2017 is compliant with . It defines a service type referred to herein as Messaging service.
The Messaging service is a UPnP service that allows control points to use the messaging features provided by a Telephony Server (TS) or a Telephony Client (TC).
It provides in the UPnP network the overall set of messaging capabilities of a phone (e.g., smartphone, IP phone, VoIP gateway, etc.), as the role of a TS. Additionally, or as an alternative, a device with the role of a TC can provide the Messaging service via UPnP Telephony.
This service provides the control points with the following functionalities:
- Page Mode Messaging (e.g., e-Mail, SMS, MMS, etc.): notification of incoming messages, reading messages, sending a message, deleting a message.
- Session Mode Messaging (e.g., Instant Messaging, SMS, etc.): notification of incoming messages, retrieving and sending the messages within a session, creating, modifying or closing a messaging session.
- File transfer session, to transfer the files in near real time.
This service does not provide the following functionalities:
- Connection to a remote server for sending or receiving the messages (e.g., WAN side);
- Rendering of message notifications and messages to the end user;
- Configuring the Messaging service with account for connecting to remote servers.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.