IEC TR 61850-90-6:2018
Communication networks and systems for power utility automation - Part 90-6: Use of IEC 61850 for Distribution Automation Systems
The contents of Distribution Automation (DA) vary between different countries, regions, even between different utilities in the same country. DA may cover HV/MV substations, MV networks, LV networks, distributed energy resources, as well as demand sides. In particular, this document:
• defines use cases for typical DA applications that require information exchange between two or more components/systems
• provides modelling of components commonly used in DA applications
• proposes new logical nodes and the extensions to the existing logical nodes that can be used in typical DA applications.
• provides guidelines for the communication architecture and services to be used in DA applications
• provides configuration methods for IEDs to be used in DA systems.
NOTE - The corrigendum 1 of January 2020 is available in the ZIP file.
|Publication type||Technical Report|
|TC/SC||TC 57 - Power systems management and associated information exchangerss|
|ICS||33.200 - Telecontrol. Telemetering|
|File size||5402 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.