Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 2-012: Particular requirements for climatic and environmental testing and other temperature conditioning equipment
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 61010-2-012:2019 RLV
IEC 61010-2-012:2019 specifies safety requirements for electrical equipment and its accessories within the categories a) through c), wherever it is intended to be used, whenever that equipment incorporates one or more of the following characteristics:
– A refrigerating system that is acted on or impacted by an integral heating function such that the combined heating and refrigerating system generates additional and/or more severe hazards than those for the two systems if treated separately.
– The materials being treated in the intended application introduce significant heat into the refrigerating system, so that the refrigerating system in the application yields additional and/or more severe hazards than those for the refrigerating system if operated at the maximum rated ambient temperature alone.
– An irradiation function for the materials being treated presenting additional hazards.
– A function to expose the materials being treated to excessive humidity, carbon dioxide, salt mist, or other substances which can result in additional hazards.
– A function of mechanical movement presenting additional hazards.
– Provision for an operator to walk in to the operating area to load or unload the materials being treated.
It has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2016. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) alignment with changes introduced by Amendment 1 of IEC 61010-1:2010;
b) changes related to the use of small capitals for defined terms only;
c) clarifications for cooling tests in 126.96.36.199;
d) requirements for overtemperature protection in 10.101, including deletion of the second part of the sentence in item b), and the deletion of item c);
e) changes pertaining to the accurate employment of terms "temperature", "operating temperature", "working temperature", "application temperature", "room temperature" and "ambient temperature" in 3.5.104, 3.5.105, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 5.4.2, 8.2.1, 8.2.2, 188.8.131.52.2, 184.108.40.206.3, 13.2.102, 14.102, 15.101, 15.102, 15.103, Introduction and many other locations. For the purpose of clarification, the definition of 3.5.114, controlled temperature, is added.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 66 - Safety of measuring, control and laboratory equipmentrss|
|ICS||19.080 - Electrical and electronic testing|
|File size||3176 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.