Power cables with extruded insulation and their accessories for rated voltages above 30 kV (Um= 36 kV) up to 150 kV (Um = 170 kV) - Test methods and requirements
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60840:2020 RLV
- Gas immersed cable terminations for use at rated voltages above 52 kV are required to be designed, type and routine tested in accordance with IEC 62271-209 in addition to the routine and type tests specified in this document.
- Requirements are introduced for composite outdoor termination insulators.
- The test cylinder diameters specified for the bending test (type and prequalification tests) have been modified in line with IEC TR 61901:2016.
- A low smoke halogen free oversheath material, designated ST12 is introduced.
- Additional tests under fire conditions are introduced: vertical flame spread, smoke density, acidity and conductivity, which shall be applied according to the fire performance declared for the cable.
- A test for water penetration in the conductor is added.
- In addition to tests on the outer protection of joints, type tests on the screen sectionalizing insulation of all accessories have been introduced.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.