Uninterruptible power systems (UPS) - Part 3: Method of specifying the performance and test requirements
- conventional a.c. input and output distribution boards or d.c. boards and their associated switches (e.g. switches for batteries, rectifier output or inverter input);
- stand-alone static transfer systems covered by IEC 62310-3;
- systems wherein the output voltage is derived from a rotating machine.
NOTE 1 This standard recognises that power availability to information technology (IT) equipment represents a major UPS application. The UPS output characteristics specified in this standard are therefore also aimed at ensuring compatibility with the requirements of IT equipment. This, subject any limitation stated in the manufacturer's declaration, includes requirements for steady state and transient voltage variation as well as for the supply of both linear and non-linear load characteristics of IT equipment.
NOTE 2 Test loads specified in this standard simulate both linear and non-linear load characteristics. Their use is prescribed with the objective of verifying design and performance, as declared by the manufacturer, and also of minimising any complexity and energy consumption during the tests.
NOTE 3 This standard is aimed at 50 Hz and 60 Hz applications but does not exclude other frequency applications within the domain of IEC 60196. This is subject to an agreement between manufacturer and purchase in respect to any particular requirements arising.
NOTE 4 Single phase and three-phase voltage UPS covered by this standard include without limitation UPS supplying single-phase, two-wire; single-phase, three-wire; two-phase, three-wire, three-phase, three-wire and three-phase, four-wire loads.
This second edition cancels and replaces first edition published in 1999 and constitutes a technical revision. The significant technical changes are:
- reference test load - definition and application revised (3.3.5 and 184.108.40.206);
- test schedule - presented as a single table grouped by revised type and routine tests (see 6.1.6, Table 3);
- dynamic output voltage performance characteristics - guidance to measure - addition (Annex H);
- UPS efficiency - requirements and methods of measure - addition (Annexes I and J);
- functional availability - guidance for UPS reliability integrity level classification - addition (Annex K).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 22/SC 22H - Uninterruptible power systems (UPS)rss|
|ICS||29.200 - Rectifiers. Converters. Stabilized power supply|
|File size||2191 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.