ISO/IEC TS 19608:2018
Guidance for developing security and privacy functional requirements based on ISO/IEC 15408
- selecting and specifying security functional requirements (SFRs) from ISO/IEC 15408-2 to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII);
- the procedure to define both privacy and security functional requirements in a coordinated manner; and
- developing privacy functional requirements as extended components based on the privacy principles defined in ISO/IEC 29100 through the paradigm described in ISO/IEC 15408-2.
The intended audience for this document are:
- developers who implement products or systems that deal with PII and want to undergo a security evaluation of those products using ISO/IEC 15408. They will get guidance how to select security functional requirements for the Security Target of their product or system that map to the privacy principles defined in ISO/IEC 29100;
- authors of Protection Profiles that address the protection of PII; and
- evaluators that use ISO/IEC 15408 and ISO/IEC 18045 for a security evaluation.
This document is intended to be fully consistent with ISO/IEC 15408; however, in the event of any inconsistency between this document and ISO/IEC 15408, the latter, as a normative standard, takes precedence.
|Publication type||Technical Specification|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 - Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protectionrss|
|ICS||35.030 - IT Security|
|File size||2103 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.