Systems and software engineering - Life cycle management - Part 1: Guidelines for life cycle management
- addresses systems concepts and life cycle concepts, models, stages, processes, process application, key points of view, adaptation and use in various domains and by various disciplines;
- establishes a common framework for describing life cycles, including their individual stages, for the management of projects to provide, or acquire either products or services;
- defines the concept and terminology of a life cycle;
- supports the use of the life cycle processes within an organization or a project. Organizations and projects can use these life cycle concepts when acquiring and supplying either products or services;
- provides guidance on adapting a life cycle model and the content associated with a life cycle or a part of a life cycle;
- describes the relationship between life cycles and their use in applying the processes in ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 (systems aspects) and ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207 (software aspects);
- shows the relationships of life cycle concepts to the hardware, human, services, process, procedure, facility and naturally occurring entity aspects of projects; and
- describes how its concepts relate to detailed process standards, for example, in the areas of measurement, project management and risk management.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 - Software and systems engineeringrss|
|ICS||35.080 - Software|
|File size||6431 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.