High-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 103: Alternating current switches for rated voltages above 1 kV up to and including 52 kV
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- this document has been aligned with IEC 62271-1:2017 and IEC 62271-102:2018;
- clarifications regarding the behaviour of the switch during breaking tests regarding current interruption and restrikes have been added;
- conditions of the switch after making and breaking tests have been clarified;
- a new informative Annex B intended to provide guidance for the calculation of Ief1 and Ief2 has been added;
- new rules for the combination of 50 Hz and 60 Hz switching tests have been defined and a new table (Table 7) has been added;
- tests with specified TRV have been modified to be in accordance with the practice described in IEC 62271-100;
- the behaviour of the switch during breaking tests has been clarified and boundaries for restrike allowance have been defined;
- explanations for short-circuit making tests have been added;
- vacuum integrity check after mechanical operations has been defined;
- all test voltages for single-phase capacitive testing have been grouped under 188.8.131.52.2 and have been confirmed by simulation and calculation.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 17/SC 17A - Switching devicesrss|
|ICS||29.130.10 - High voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||5197 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.