IEC 60335-2-11:2019 RLV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-11: Particular requirements for tumble dryers
IEC 60335-2-11:2019 deals with the safety of electric tumble dryers intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. This standard applies to the drying function of washing machines having a drying cycle. This standard also deals with the safety of tumble dryers that use a refrigerating system, incorporating sealed motor-compressors, for drying textile material. These appliances may use flammable refrigerants. Additional requirements for these appliances are given in Annex AA. Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms are within the scope of this standard. Examples of such appliances are tumble dryers for communal use in blocks of flats or in launderettes. As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account:
– persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
– children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
– in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities,
This standard does not apply to:
– appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– appliances incorporating steam generating devices in which steam is produced at a pressure exceeding 50 kPa.
This eighth edition cancels and replaces the seventh edition published in 2008, Amendment 1:2012 and Amendment 2:2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the seventh edition:
– aligns the text with IEC 60335-1, Ed 5, and its Amendments 1 and 2;
– some notes have been converted to normative text (7.12, 7.12.1, 11.3, 19.101, AA.5.2);
– more detailed test specifications have been given in 11.3 and 15.2;
– specific requirements have been added in 3.1.9, 3.6.101, 7.12, 11.7, 19.1, and Clause 22 to cover appliances with steam generators;
– specific requirements have been added in 22.108 to cover programmable electronic circuits;
– Annex AA has been deleted, because it is covered by Part 1 and the remaining annexes have been renumbered.
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||13.120 - Domestic safety
97.060 - Laundry appliances
|File size||1766 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.