IEC GUIDE 104:2019
The preparation of safety publications and the use of basic safety publications and group safety publications
- alignment with terms and definitions of ISO/IEC Guide 51:2014;
- reference to IEC Guide 108 in the introduction;
- creation of BASIC SAFETY PUBLICATION and GROUP SAFETY PUBLICATION subcategories to clarify the different types of document (requirements, guidance, mandatory test procedures and reference data);
- improved structure: new titles and subclauses;
- addition to the responsibilities of the technical committees (TCs) with HORIZONTAL SAFETY FUNCTION: development of their publications in collaboration with customer TCs and monitoring the use of their SAFETY publications;
- replacement of Annex A and the associated text by reference to IEC Guide 116;
- shortened status statement for publications with BASIC SAFETY PUBLICATION designation;
- addition of the scope items of a PRODUCT SAFETY STANDARD.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.