IEC 60904-7:2019 RLV
Photovoltaic devices - Part 7: Computation of the spectral mismatch correction for measurements of photovoltaic devices
IEC 60904-7:2019 describes the procedure for correcting the spectral mismatch error introduced in the testing of a photovoltaic device, caused by the mismatch between the test spectrum and the reference spectrum (e.g. AM1.5 spectrum) and by the mismatch between the spectral responsivities (SR) of the reference device and of the device under test and therewith reduce the systematic uncertainty. This procedure is valid for single-junction devices but the principle may be extended to cover multi-junction devices. The purpose of this document is to give guidelines for the correction of the spectral mismatch error, should there be a spectral mismatch between the test spectrum and the reference spectrum as well as between the reference device SR and the device under test SR. The calculated spectral mismatch correction is only valid for the specific combination of test and reference devices measured with a particular test spectrum. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2008. The main technical changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- For better compatibility and less redundancy, the clause “Determination of test spectrum” refers to IEC 60904-9.
- The spectral mismatch factor is called SMM instead of MM to enable differentiation to the angular mismatch factor AMM and spectral angular mismatch factor SAMM.
- Formulae for the derivation and application of the spectral mismatch factor SMM are added.
- Links to new standards are given, e.g. concerning multi-junction devices.
- Corrected wording (responsivity instead of response and irradiance instead of intensity).
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.