Information technology - Big data reference architecture - Part 3: Reference architecture
The reference architecture specified in this document defines two architectural viewpoints:
- a user view defining roles/sub-roles, their relationships, and types of activities within a big data ecosystem;
- a functional view defining the architectural layers and the classes of functional components within those layers that implement the activities of the roles/sub-roles within the user view.
The BDRA is intended to:
- provide a common language for the various stakeholders;
- encourage adherence to common standards, specifications, and patterns;
- provide consistency of implementation of technology to solve similar problem sets;
- facilitate the understanding of the operational intricacies in big data;
- illustrate and understand the various big data components, processes, and systems, in the context of an overall big data conceptual model;
- provide a technical reference for government departments, agencies and other consumers to understand, discuss, categorize and compare big data solutions; and
- facilitate the analysis of candidate standards for interoperability, portability, reusability, and extendibility.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.