High-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 106: Alternating current contactors, contactor-based controllers and motor-starters
- Scope and object: The voltage range covered by the standard was expanded from 12 kV to 24 kV. Overload relay calibration and testing is not covered by this standard.
- 3 Terms and definitions: Added definitions for capacitor switching classes.
- 4.1 Rated voltage: Added 15, 17,5 and 24 kV as standard voltage values.
- 4.109.2 Starting duty of reduced-voltage starters: Added ratings for autotransformer and reactor starters (was in the testing section).
- 4.112 Rated capacitive switching currents: Added capacitor switching current ratings.
- 5.101 Protective relays: Removed the requirements for overload relays. This section is obsolete since there are only a few MV starters fitted with thermal overload relays and electronic relays have their own standards.
- 6.2.5 Application of the test voltage and test conditions (former 6.2.2 b)): Changed wording of requirement for impulse across the open gap of vacuum contactors.
- 6.4.2 Auxiliary circuits: The requirement for resistance checks of auxiliary circuits was deleted.
- 188.8.131.52 Temperature rise of the auto transformer or reactor for two step auto transformer or reactor starters: Reworded to transfer ratings to subclause 4.109.2.
- 6.102.9 Condition following making and breaking tests: Gave specific direction as to what the tolerance should be based on where the resistance was to be checked.
- 6.104 Short-circuit current making and breaking tests: Clarified test conditions for short-circuit testing.
- 6.109 Capacitive current switching tests: Added capacitive current switching tests.
- Annex B: Added Table B.1 - Tolerances on test quantities for type test. The contents of the corrigendum of February 2014 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 17/SC 17A - Switching devicesrss|
|ICS||29.130.10 - High voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||2016 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.