IEC 62271-109:2008+AMD1:2013 CSV
High-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 109: Alternating-current series capacitor by-pass switches
AbstractIEC 62271-109:2008+A1:2013 is applicable to a.c. series capacitor by-pass switches designed for outdoor installation and for operation at frequencies of 50 Hz and 60 Hz on systems having voltages above 52 kV. It is only applicable to by-pass switches for use in three-phase systems. This standard is also applicable to the operating devices of by-pass switches and to their auxiliary equipment. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2006, and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- By-passing test duty has been split.
- Equivalence regarding applicability of test parameters were reviewed.
- Recovery voltage waveshape during insertion test duty has been recalculated and optimized. An explanatory note on the calculation of the recovery voltage is given in Annex F.
- Withdrawal of the electrical endurance class BP2. Such devices are now covered in informative Annex E.
- Addition of Annex D which gives examples of typical by-pass switch ratings. This consolidated version consists of the second edition (2008) and its amendment 1 (2013). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62271-100:2008 and IEC 62271-1:2007.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 17/SC 17A - Switching devicesrss|
|ICS||29.130.10 - High voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||2873 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.