High-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 200: AC metal-enclosed switchgear and controlgear for rated voltages above 1 kV and up to and including 52 kV
AbstractIEC 62271-200:2011 specifies requirements for prefabricated metal enclosed switchgear and controlgear for alternating current of rated voltages above 1 kV and up to and including 52 kV for indoor and outdoor installation, and for service frequencies up to and including 60 Hz. Enclosures may include fixed and removable components and may be filled with fluid (liquid or gas) to provide insulation. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2003. It is a technical revision. This second edition of IEC 62271-200 has been further updated and improved to the experience gained with the first edition of IEC 62271-200. As maintenance result, this second edition of IEC 62271-200 introduces the following significant changes:
- definitions, classifications and testing procedures are specified more precisely;
- categories LSC2A and LSC2B have been clarified and LSC2 has been assigned a separate definition;
- specific ratings related to fault level to earth (4.5 to 4.7) are introduced;
- solid insulated high-voltage parts are no longer considered as compartments on their own;
- an optional rating "cable test voltage" and the associated requirements and type tests are introduced;
- for testing the internal arc classification, when assigned by the manufacturer, more specific guidance is provided regarding the test arrangement, room simulation and arc initiation;
- a single phase to earth ignition is also recognised for internal arc testing;
- the Annexes A and B are renumbered Annexes AA and BB.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62271-1:2007. The contents of the corrigendum of June 2015 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 17/SC 17C - Assembliesrss|
|ICS||29.130.10 - High voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||2586 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.