IEC 62541-7:2020 RLV
OPC unified architecture - Part 7: Profiles
Most OPC UA applications will conform to several, but not all, of the Profiles.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) new functional Profiles:
• profiles for global discovery and global certificate management;
• profiles for global KeyCredential management and global access token management;
• facet for durable subscriptions;
• standard UA Client Profile;
• profiles for administration of user roles and permissions.
b) new transport Profiles:
• HTTPS with JSON encoding;
• secure WebSockets (WSS) with binary or JSON encoding;
• reverse connectivity.
c) new security Profiles:
• transportSecurity – TLS 1.2 with PFS (with perfect forward secrecy);
• securityPolicy [A] – Aes128-Sha256-RsaOaep (replaces Base128Rsa15);
• securityPolicy – Aes256-Sha256-RsaPss adds perfect forward secrecy for UA TCP);
• user Token JWT (Jason Web Token).
d) deprecated Security Profiles (due to broken algorithms):
• securityPolicy – Basic128Rsa15 (broken algorithm Sha1);
• securityPolicy – Basic256 (broken algorithm Sha1);
• transportSecurity – TLS 1.0 (broken algorithm RC4);
• transportSecurity – TLS 1.1 (broken algorithm RC4).
e) deprecated Transport (missing support on most platforms):
• SOAP/HTTP with WS-SecureConversation (all encodings).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65E - Devices and integration in enterprise systemsrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
35.100.05 - Multilayer applications
|File size||6596 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.