IEC 61914:2021 CMV
Cable cleats for electrical installations
IEC 61914:2021 specifies requirements and tests for cable cleats used for securing cables in electrical installations and for intermediate restraints used for holding cables together in formation in electrical installations. Cable cleats provide resistance to electromechanical forces where declared. This document includes cable cleats that rely on a mounting surface specified by the manufacturer for axial and/or lateral retention of cables.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- requirements for mandrels used in testing rationalised and detailed in the general test requirements (Clause 5);
- definition of liner added and test requirements where liners and other optional parts are used;
- definitions for LV, MV and HV cables added and test requirements where MV & HV cable are used ;
- new corrosion resistance classes for plated products added;
- new requirements and test for durability and legibility of markings added;
- new test requirements for axial load testing of cleats for more than one cable added;
- lateral load test requirements for intermediate restraints added.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.