Universal serial bus interfaces for data and power - Part 1-3: Common components - USB Type-C® cable and connector specification
- Enable new and exciting host and device form-factors where size, industrial design and style are important parameters
- Work seamlessly with existing USB host and device silicon solutions
- Enhance ease of use for connecting USB devices with a focus on minimizing user confusion for plug and cable orientation
The USB Type-C Cable and Connector Specification defines a new receptacle, plug, cable and detection mechanisms that are compatible with existing USB interface electrical and functional specifications. This specification covers the following aspects that are needed to produce and use this new USB cable/connector solution in newer platforms and devices, and that interoperate with existing platforms and devices:
- USB Type-C receptacles, including electro-mechanical definition and performance requirements
- USB Type-C plugs and cable assemblies, including electro-mechanical definition and performance requirements
- USB Type-C to legacy cable assemblies and adapters
- USB Type-C-based device detection and interface configuration, including support for legacy connections
- USB Power Delivery optimized for the USB Type-C connector
The USB Type-C Cable and Connector Specification defines a standardized mechanism that supports Alternate Modes, such as repurposing the connector for docking-specific applications. IEC 62680-1-3:2022 cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2021 and constitutes a technical revision. This standard is the USB-IF publication Universal Serial Bus Type-C Cable and Connector Specification Revision 2.0. New release primarily for enabling Extended Power Range (EPR) and defining EPR cables aligning with USB Power Delivery Specification R3.1 V1.0. Also includes incorporation of all approved ECNs as the revision date plus editorial clean-up.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 100/TA 18 - Multimedia home systems and applications for end-user networksrss|
|ICS||33.120.20 - Wires and symmetrical cables|
33.120.30 - RF connectors
35.200 - Interface and interconnection equipment
|File size||20159 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.