Industrial systems, installations and equipment and industrial products - Structuring principles and reference designations - Part 1: Basic rules
- a new introductory clause providing a description and explanation to the concepts used elsewhere in the publication;
- a more comprehensive description of the structuring principles and rules for structuring are provided;
- "other aspects" are introduced, and the prefix sign # is assigned to these aspects;
- the concept of reference designation group has been deleted;
- the specific term "transition" has been avoided and been replaced by an improved textual description of this phenomenon in annex D;
- a new clause about labelling is introduced;
- the old annexes have been removed with the exception of the annex showing an example of the application of reference designations within a system;
- a new annex explaining the manipulation of objects is introduced;
- 4 new annexes are introduced as rearrangement of detailed examples or explanatory information.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 108.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 3 - Information structures and elements, identification and marking principles, documentation and graphical symbolsrss|
|ICS||01.110 - Technical product documentation
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
|File size||3310 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.