IEC TS 61850-1-2:2020+AMD1:2022 CSV
Communication networks and systems for power utility automation - Part 1-2: Guideline on extending IEC 61850
Within that scope, this document addresses the following cases:
• The management of product-level standards for products that have an interface based on IEC 61850
• The management of domain-level standards based on IEC 61850
• The management of transitional standards based on IEC 61850
• The management of private namespaces based on IEC 61850
• The development of standards offering the mapping of IEC 61850 data model at CDC level
• The development and management of IEC 61850 profiles for domains (underlying the role of IEC TR 62361-103 and IEC TR 61850-7-6)
This document includes both technical and process aspects:
On the technical side, this document:
• Reminds the main basic requirements (mostly referring to the appropriate parts of the series which host the requirements or recommendations)
• Lists all possible flexibilities offered by the standards
• Defines which flexibilities are allowed/possible per type of extension cases
On the process side, the document covers:
• The initial analysis of how the existing IEC 61850 object models and/or communication services may be applied and what allowed extensions may be required for utilizing them in new or specific domains (including private ones). The results of that step are expected to be documented
• The extension of the IEC 61850 object models for new domains. The typical associated work is to identify existing logical nodes which can be reused "as is", to determine if existing logical nodes can be extended, or to define new logical nodes
• The purpose and process to use transitional namespaces, which are expected to be merged eventually into an existing standard namespace
• The management of standard namespaces
• The development of private namespaces
|Publication type||Technical Specification|
|TC/SC||TC 57 - Power systems management and associated information exchangerss|
|ICS||33.200 - Telecontrol. Telemetering|
|File size||1884 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.