Explosive atmospheres - Part 7: Equipment protection by increased safety "e"
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60079-7:2015+AMD1:2017 CSV
- Level of Protection "eb" (EPL "Mb" or "Gb"); or
- Level of Protection "ec" (EPL "Gc"). Level of Protection "eb" applies to equipment or Ex Components, including their connections, conductors, windings, lamps, and batteries; but not including semiconductors or electrolytic capacitors. Level of Protection "ec" applies to equipment or Ex Components, including their connections, conductors, windings, lamps, and batteries; and also including semiconductors and electrolytic capacitors. The requirements of this standard apply to both Levels of Protection unless otherwise stated. For Level of Protection "eb", this standard applies to electrical equipment where the rated voltage does not exceed 11 kV r.m.s., a.c. or d.c. For Level of Protection "ec", this standard applies to electrical equipment where the rated voltage does not exceed 15 kV r.m.s., a.c. or d.c. This standard supplements and modifies the general requirements of IEC 60079-0. Where a requirement of this standard conflicts with a requirement of IEC 60079-0, the requirement of this standard takes precedence. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2006, and constitutes a technical revision. Refer to the Foreword of the document for a complete listing of the technical changes between edition 5.0 and previous edition of the document. Keywords: electrical equipment and Ex Components with type of protection increased safety "e" intended for use in explosive gas atmospheres. The contents of the Interpretation sheet 1 of September 2016 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 31 - Equipment for explosive atmospheresrss|
|ICS||29.260.20 - Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres|
|File size||3163 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
- Blog post: mitigating risk in explosive atmospheres
- Article: reducing risks in oil and gas transportation
- Article: control dusts and avoid incidents
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.