Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 1: General rules
This document states the general rules and common safety requirements for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear, including:
- information supplied with the equipment;
- normal service, mounting and transport conditions, decommissioning and dismantling;
- constructional and performance requirements;
- verification of characteristics and performance;
- energy efficiency aspects (see Annex V);
- environmental aspects.
This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2007, Amendment 1:2010 and Amendment 2:2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– DC values testing improvement;
– update of EMC tests;
– Annex B deletion;
– update of requirements for environmental tests (Table Q.1);
– improvement of Annex R (new examples);
– deletion of digital input Type 2, and introduction of Type 3 in Annex S;
– example for materials declaration (Annex W);
– new Annex X (co-ordination between short-circuit protective devices associated in the same circuit) created.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121A - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgearrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||14014 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.