Fire hazard testing - Part 1-12: Guidance for assessing the fire hazard of electrotechnical products - Fire safety engineering
- an explanation of the principles and uses of fire safety engineering;
- guidance on the use of fire safety engineering in the design of electrotechnical products;
- fire safety engineering terminology and concepts;
- an indication of properties, data and tests needed for input into fire safety engineering assessments and
- informative references. This international standard is not intended to be a detailed technical design guide, but is intended to provide guidance for product committees on fire safety engineering methods and performance based test information needs for use in performance based designs and fire hazard assessments of electrotechnical materials, assemblies, products and systems. It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51. Key words: Fire Hazard, Fire Test Method, Fire Safety Engineering
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60695-1-10:2009 and IEC 60695-1-11:2014.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Russian|
|TC/SC||TC 89 - Fire hazard testingrss|
|ICS||13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
|File size||1650 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.