IEC TS 60079-42:2019
Explosive atmospheres - Part 42: Electrical safety devices for the control of potential ignition sources for Ex-Equipment
This Technical Specification may also be applied to a combination of elements performing a safety function. For example: Sensor, Logic system, Final element. This Technical Specification can also be used for assessing the safety device independently, without being designed for a specific Ex Equipment.
This Technical Specification does not apply to:
• mechanical control equipment such as pressure relief valves, mechanical governors and other mechanical safety devices
• the use of gas detection
• control equipment to prevent the occurrence of explosive atmospheres, e.g. inerting systems and ventilation systems
• mitigation of an explosion
|Publication type||Technical Specification|
|TC/SC||TC 31 - Equipment for explosive atmospheresrss|
|ICS||29.260.20 - Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres|
|File size||1959 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
- Blog post: mitigating risk in explosive atmospheres
- Article: reducing risks in oil and gas transportation
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.