Optical fibre cables - Part 2: Indoor cables - Sectional specification
- the specification has been streamlined by cross-referencing with IEC 60794-1-1 and IEC TR 61931;
- the document structure has been aligned with IEC 60794-3, and Clause 4 on optical fibres was added;
- transmission requirements in Clause 4 were added;
- the electrical conductors and the lay-up of the cable elements were introduced into Article 5 on cable elements and construction;
- 5.13 on identification was separated in fibre, unit and sheath colour coding;
- the colour coding proposals were extended to accommodate latest fibre categories;
- Article 6 on installation and operating condition was added;
- cable element tests and cable tests have been simplified by the use of tables instead of text;
- a bibliography has been added.
Keywords: optical fibre cables for indoor use in communications networks
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.