Shunt power capacitors of the self-healing type for a.c. systems having a rated voltage up to and including 1 000 V - Part 1: General - Performance, testing and rating - Safety requirements - Guide for installation and operation
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60831-1:2014 RLV
IEC 60831-1:2014 is applicable to both capacitor units and capacitor banks intended to be used, particularly, for power-factor correction of a.c. power systems having a rated voltage up to and including 1 000 V and frequencies of 15 Hz to 60 Hz. This part of IEC 60831 also applies to capacitors intended for use in power filter circuits. Additional definitions, requirements, and tests for power filter capacitors are given in Annex A. The object of this part of IEC 60831 is to:
- formulate uniform rules regarding performances, testing and rating;
- formulate specific safety rules;
- provide a guide for installation and operation. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 1996 and Amendment 1:2002. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Updating of the normative references;
- Test conditions have been clarified;
- Thermal stability test has been clarified;
- Maximum permissible voltage and current have been clarified;
- The protection of the environment has been amended with safety concerns and plastic quality requirements.
The contents of the corrigendum of May 2014 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 33 - Power capacitors and their applicationsrss|
|ICS||29.120.99 - Other electrical accessories|
31.060.70 - Power capacitors
|File size||1493 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.