Live working - Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc - Part 1-2: Test methods - Method 2: Determination of arc protection class of material and clothing by using a constrained and directed arc (box test)
- new mean values of main control parameters arc energy and incident energy based on an extended statistical database consisting of parameter values measured in four laboratories;
- reduction of validity check ranges of main control parameters;
- determination of the incident energy by averaging the two sensor values of a test (instead of considering each single sensor value);
- determination of the heat curves of transmitted incident energy and an amendment to the heat flux acceptance criterion;
- clarification of the scope;
- and selection of the arc protection classes (test classes) by the amount of the arc energy and incident energy instead of the short-circuit current.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 78 - Live workingrss|
|ICS||13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products|
29.260.99 - Other electrical equipment for working in special conditions
|File size||1415 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.