IEC 61010-1:2010+AMD1:2016 CSV
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 1: General requirements
a) Electrical test and measurement equipment
b) Electrical industrial process-control equipment c) Electrical laboratory equipment
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2001. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant changes from the second edition, as well as numerous other changes.
- The scope of the standard has been expanded to include all locations where these products may be used, so that both professional and non-professional versions of these products are within the scope.
- The requirements for testing and measuring circuits (in various subclauses and the entirety of Clause 16) have been removed and included in a particular standard IEC 61010-2-030.
- Insulation requirements (6.7) have been completely rewritten.
- Additional requirements for protection against mechanical HAZARDS (Clause 7) have been included.
- Surface temperature limits (Clause 10) have been modified to conform to the limits of EN 563.
- Radiation requirements (Clause 12) have been modified, and take into account a distinction between intended emission and unintended emission.
- Requirements for reasonably foreseeable misuse and ergonomic aspects have been added (Clause 16).
- A new clause (Clause 17) has been added to deal with HAZARDS and environments not covered by the standard, along with a new informative annex (Annex J) dealing with RISK assessment.
- A new informative annex (Annex E) addresses methods of reducing the POLLUTION DEGREE of a micro-environment.
- Requirements for the qualification of coatings for protection against POLLUTION have been added (Annex H).
- A new informative annex (Annex I) has been added to further explain how to determine the WORKING VOLTAGE of a MAINS CIRCUIT.
The contents of the corrigendum 1 of May 2011, the interpretation sheet 1 of February 2013, the corrigendum 2 of October 2013 and the corrigendum 1 to Amendment 1 of March 2019 have been included in this copy.
This consolidated version consists of the third edition (2010) and its amendment 1 (2016). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 66 - Safety of measuring, control and laboratory equipmentrss|
|ICS||19.080 - Electrical and electronic testing
71.040.10 - Chemical laboratories. Laboratory equipment
|File size||10382 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.