Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-71: Particular requirements for electrical heating appliances for breeding and rearing animals
This standard applies to heating appliances used for livestock rearing and breeding that include an electrical motor.
This standard does not apply to:
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- heating units embedded in the floor;
- flexible sheet heating elements for room heating (IEC 60335-2-96);
- room heaters (IEC 60335-2-30).
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2002, its Amendment 1 (2007) and its Amendment 2 (2012). This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- two paragraphs are deleted (Introduction);
- normative references updated (Clause 2);
- colour required for symbols (7.6);
- some notes converted to normative text (19.2, 21.101, 22.104).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61H - Safety of electrically-operated farm appliancesrss|
|ICS||65.020.30 - Animal husbandry and breeding
97.100.10 - Electric heaters
|File size||1218 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.