Adjustable speed electrical power drive systems - Part 1: General requirements - Rating specifications for low voltage adjustable speed DC power drive systems
It applies to adjustable speed electric power drive systems intended to feed DC motors from a BDM/CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 1 kV AC 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 1,5 kV DC input side.
NOTE 1 Adjustable speed electric AC power drive systems intended to feed AC motors are covered by
NOTE 2 This document can be used as a reference for adjustable speed electric power drive systems, intended to feed DC motors from a BDM/CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 1,5 kV AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 2,25 kV DC input side.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the clause structure has been harmonized with IEC 61800-2;
b) Clause 2 has been updated;
c) Clause 3 has been updated including fundamental definitions to be used across IEC 61800 (all parts);
d) Clause 4 has been updated with respect to:
1) description of the basic topology for BDM/CDM/PDS (4.2);
2) ratings and performance (4.3 and 4.4);
3) reference to applicable standards within the IEC 61800 series with respect to EMC (IEC 61800-3), general safety (IEC 61800-5-1), functional safety (IEC 61800-5-2), load duty aspects (IEC TR 61800-6), communication profiles (IEC 61800-7 series),power interface voltage (IEC TS 61800-8), and ecodesign energy efficiency standards (IEC 61800-9) to avoid conflicting requirements (4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.10, 4.11, 4.12);
4) update of requirement for ecodesign (4.8);
5) update of requirement for environmental evaluation (4.9);
6) implementation of requirement for explosive atmosphere (4.13);
e) Clause 5 has been updated with test requirement in order to provide a clear link between design requirement and test requirement;
f) Clause 6 has been updated to harmonize the marking and documentation requirement within IEC 61800 (all parts);
g) the Annexes have been updated.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 22/SC 22G - Adjustable speed electric power drive systems (PDS)rss|
|ICS||29.160.30 - Motors|
29.200 - Rectifiers. Converters. Stabilized power supply
|File size||10733 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.