Adjustable speed electrical power drive systems - Part 2: General requirements - Rating specifications for adjustable speed AC power drive systems
It applies to adjustable speed electric power drive systems intended to feed AC motors from a BDM or CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 35 kV AC 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 1,5 kV DC input side.
NOTE Adjustable speed electric DC power drive systems intended to feed DC motors are covered by IEC 61800-1.
This documents defines and describes a non-exhaustive list of criteria for the selection of BDM/CDM/PDS performance and functional attributes. This list is reviewed by the responsible parties to determine considerations for the design of device(s), equipment or system(s) with related testing specification. It also suggests a selection of performance and functional attributes for driven equipment and extended products. The performance and functional attributes focus on the following categories:
- principal parts topology and classification of the PDS;
- ratings, performance and functionality;
- specifications for the environment in which the PDS is intended to be installed and operated;
- other specifications which might be applicable when specifying a complete PDS.
This document provides a non-exhaustive list from which minimum requirements can be used for the development of a specification between customer and manufacturer based on the application requirements. This same non-exhaustive list can be used by a manufacturer to determine the minimum requirements for a commoditised BDM/CDM/PDS without customer interaction based on the specified application of that BDM/CDM/PDS.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a. the requirements from IEC 61800-4 for high-voltage PDS are now merged with requirements from IEC 61800-2:2015;
b. Clause 1 has been updated to introduce the new concept of Clause 4;
c. terms and definitions in Table 1 to Table 4 have been classified in logical order; classification in low voltage and high voltage has been considered in Table 5, and Figure 3 clarifies boundaries within BDM/CDM/PDS.
d. Clause 4 is new and creates the methods for evaluating a product to this document;
e. Clause 5 has been updated with respect to:
- specific content for high-voltage BDM/CDM/PDS;
- description of the basic topology for BDM/CDM/PDS (5.2);
- ratings and performance (5.3 and 5.4);
- reference to applicable standards within the IEC 61800 series with respect to EMC (IEC 61800-3), electrical safety (IEC 61800-5-1), functional safety (IEC 61800-5-2), load duty aspects (IEC TR 61800-6), communication profiles (IEC 61800-7 series), power interface voltage (IEC TS 61800-8), and ecodesign (IEC 61800-9 series) to avoid conflicting requirements (5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.10, 5.11, 5.12);
- update of requirement for ecodesign (5.8);
- update of requirement for environmental evaluation (5.9);
- implementation of requirement for explosive atmosphere (5.14);
g) Clause 7 has been updated to harmonize the marking and documentation requirement within IEC 61800 (all parts);
h) existing Annex A and Annex B have been updated to include specific detail pertaining to high voltage BDM/CDM/PDS.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 22/SC 22G - Adjustable speed electric power drive systems (PDS) rss|
|ICS||29.160.30 - Motors|
29.200 - Rectifiers. Converters. Stabilized power supply
|File size||9591 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.