IEC 62031:2017 PRV
Pre release version
LED modules for general lighting - Safety specifications
AbstractThis Final Draft International Standard is an up to 6 weeks' pre-release of the official publication. It is available for sale during its voting period: 2017-12-22 to 2018-02-02. By purchasing this FDIS now, you will automatically receive, in addition, the final publication.
IEC 62031:2018 specifies general and safety requirements for light-emitting diode (LED) modules:
- non-integrated LED modules (LEDni modules) and semi-integrated LED modules (LEDsi modules) for operation under constant voltage, constant current or constant power;
- Integrated LED modules (LEDi modules) for use on DC supplies up to 250 V or AC supplies up to 1 000 V at 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the scope was clarified as well as the wording in several other clauses;
- the normative references were updated;
- the definitions for "replaceable LED module", "non-replaceable LED module" and "non-user replaceable LED module" were introduced while other definitions covered by IEC 62504 have been removed;
- the marking clause was restructured and a table added to provide an informative overview;
- the marking requirements for built-in LED modules were changed;
- the entry for the marking with the working voltage was revised;
- the provisions for terminals and heat management were revised;
- Annex B was deleted;
- information for luminaire design with regard to working voltage and water contact was introduced;
- an abnormal temperature test was introduced.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.