IEC 60974-7:2018 PRV
Pre release version
Arc welding equipment - Part 7: Torches
IEC 60974-7:2018 specifies safety and construction requirements for torches used for arc welding and allied processes. This document is applicable to manual, mechanically guided, air-cooled, liquid-cooled, motorized, spool-on and fume extraction torches. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2013 and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- definitions 3.11 and 3.20 were revised;
- requirements for rating have been added to the sequence of type tests (see 6.2);
- the AC test voltage requirement for that utilize has been revised (see 7.5.2);
- the test configuration of isolated circuits for that utilize has been revised (see 7.5.2);
- the metal tube used for the heating tests has additional allowable means of cooling methods (see 8.3.2 and 8.3.5);
- for , the instructions for use include additional information (see Clause 13, item i)).
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.