IEC TR 61511-4:2020
Functional safety - Safety instrumented systems for the process industry sector - Part 4: Explanation and rationale for changes in IEC 61511-1 from Edition 1 to Edition 2
• specifies the rationale behind all clauses and the relationship between them,
• raises awareness for the most common misconceptions and misinterpretations of the clauses and the changes related to them,
• explains the differences between Ed. 1 and Ed. 2 of IEC 61511-1 and the reasons behind the changes,
• presents high level summaries of how to fulfil the requirements of the clauses, and
• explains differences in terminology between IEC 61508-4:2010 and IEC 61511-1 Ed. 2.
|Publication type||Technical Report|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65A - System aspectsrss|
|ICS||13.110 - Safety of machinery
25.040.01 - Industrial automation systems in general
|File size||1294 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.