IEC 61892-2:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Mobile and fixed offshore units - Electrical installations - Part 2: System design
IEC 61892-2:2019 is applicable to system design of electrical installations and equipment in mobile and fixed offshore units including pipeline, pumping or "pigging" stations, compressor stations and single buoy moorings, used in the offshore petroleum industry for drilling, production, accommodation, processing, storage and offloading purposes.
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations, without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
– sources of electrical power for manned and unmanned units,
– system earthing, both for low-voltage and high-voltage installations,
– interface for electric transmission systems with power supplied from shore, between interconnected offshore units, and with power supplied by offshore units to subsea installations,
– distribution systems,
– cables and wiring systems,
– system studies and calculations,
– protection against electrical faults,
– energy control, monitoring and alarm systems, and
This document gives information and guidance on topics such as
– applicable examples of HVDC VSC technology, and
– guidelines for illumination level.
This document does not apply to
– fixed equipment for medical purposes,
– electrical installations of tankers, and
– control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the requirement for sources of electrical power has been rewritten. Requirements both for manned and unmanned units are given. Requirements for essential services of electrical power have been added;
b) the requirement in relation to dead start has been added;
c) the requirement for emergency stop for motor-driven fuel-oil transfer and fuel-oil pressure pumps has been added;
d) general requirements regarding cables and wiring systems have been added;
e) the description of unit interfaces to electrical transmission systems has been included;
f) requirements in relation to energy control, monitoring and alarm system have been rewritten;
g) new clauses regarding swivel/turret and unmanned facilities have been added;
h) informative annexes regarding the following have been added:
– essential source of electrical power;
– emergency source of electrical power;
– applicable examples of HVDC VSC technologies;
– power sources for unmanned units, with separate or combined main and emergency switchboard;
– alternative power sources of electrical power – general requirements;
– illumination level;
– enhanced software simulation;
– architecture for energy control, monitoring and alarm system.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 18 - Electrical installations of ships and of mobile and fixed offshore unitsrss|
|ICS||47.020.60 - Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures|
|File size||4794 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.