IEC 61784-2:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Industrial communication networks - Profiles - Part 2: Additional fieldbus profiles for real-time networks based on ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3
IEC 61784-2:2019 specifies the performance indicators supporting classification schemes for Real-Time Ethernet (RTE) requirements; the profiles and related network components based on ISO/IEC 8802-3 or IEEE 802.3, IEC 61158 series, and IEC 61784-1 and the RTE solutions that are able to run in parallel with ISO/IEC 8802-3 or IEEE 802.3 based applications. These communication profiles are called Real-Time Ethernet communication profiles. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2014 and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes are:
• update of reference from ISO/IEC 8802-3 to ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3;
• update of the dated references to the IEC 61158 series, to IEC 61784 1, to the IEC 61784-5 series and to IEC 61918 throughout the document;
• update of selection tables for CPF 2, CPF 3, CPF 4, CPF 8 and CPF 17;
• CPF3: update of the requirements for all conformance classes;
• CPF3: updated timing requirements for IO devices;
• CPF3: refining the added application classes;
• addition of a new Communication Profile Family – CPF 20 in Clause 21;
• addition of a new Communication Profile Family – CPF 21 in Clause 22
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65C - Industrial networksrss|
|ICS||35.100.20 - Data link layer|
35.240.50 - IT applications in industry
|File size||4215 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.